Past Simple and Present Perfect Exercise
Fill in the blank with the past simple or the present perfect:
- Last night, I (lose) my keys – I had to call my flatmate to let me in.
- I (lose) my keys – can you help me look for them?
- I (visit) Paris three times.
- Last year, I (visit) Paris.
- I (know) my great grandmother for a few years – she died when I was eight.
- I (know) Julie for three years – we still meet once a month.
- I (play) hockey since I was a child – I’m pretty good!
- She (play) hockey at school, but she (not / like) it.
- Sorry, I (miss) the bus, so I’m going to be late.
- I (miss) the bus, and then I (miss) the aeroplane as well!
- Last month, I (go) to Scotland.
- I’m sorry, John isn’t here now. He (go) to the shops.
- We (finish) this room last week.
- I (finish) my exams finally – I’m so happy!
- Yesterday, I (see) all my friends. It was great.
- I (see) Julie three times this week!
- She (live) in London since 1994.
- She (live) in London when she was a child.
- I (drink) three cups of coffee this morning.
- I (drink) seven cups of coffee yesterday.
Thumbnails managed by ThumbPress